Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Changes are a-Comin'

I put my Etsy shop on vacation this morning. Maybe permanently, maybe not. After six months of being open, I feel like I did fairly well for myself given the saturation in the market I was in. Seven sales in four months...I'll take it. My last sale was in April, so given the move and the chaos that comes with the move (and a wedding), I just haven't had the time to put myself out there to continue.

My craft room is still in shambles, several projects for the house are underway and/or neglected, and just the sheer amount of time it takes to create, list, market, and sell effectively, something's gotta give. I value my sanity and I value my family, and I don't ever want to feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew. It's so easy to get overwhelmed when there are so many good things going on, so you have to choose what good things to keep on keeping on with.

I'm not saying my shop will be closed forever. It probably won't be. BUT I am now choosing my family and my home over the order that needs to ship tomorrow out to that person across the country. I still very much appreciate you, person across the country, and I thank you for allowing me to create for you, but it's time to shift my focus juuuuust a little. A shift to the creative, still, but for different purposes.

So with that, I feel like a blog name change might be underway. I've been brainstorming, so we'll see what I can come up with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!