Sunday, September 15, 2013

Our Fall Bucket List

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like Fall is just so busy. Like I mentioned in my previous post, even though I don't have school-age children life definitely seems to speed up and get a little more hectic once September starts. Can you believe we've already at the halfway point of the month? Mind-blowing, it is.

Sometimes I can't help but feel like I let the hectic-ness of this time of the year get to me. I get so wrapped up in the whole "go-to-work-and-then-I-have-to-coach-at-6:00-so-that-leaves-tomorrow-to-do-xyz" mentality. I am always thinking about what needs to get done next, when I will have the time to do whatever it is I need to do next, that I don't think about now. Seems kind of unfair to the "now," don't you think?

So, I've decided to relish in the season and plan times for us to do a few Fall-specific activities. Give my family some time to reconnect and spend some time with each other.

Our Fall Bucket List:

Visit a pumpkin patch.
Paint and carve pumpkins.
Go apple picking.
Go to the Oktoberfest festival in historic Smithville.
Go to a high school football game.
Drive around and look at the changing trees.
Watch the high school marching band perform in their annual competition.
Go to the boardwalk when it's not so crowded, but before the businesses officially close for the season.
Rake the leaves and (maybe!) let Peyton jump in the pile.
Get family photos taken at a local park once the foliage is super pretty.
Press some leaves for decor and crafting.
Have a bonfire in our backyard with hot chocolate and s'mores.
Date night with Denny.
Bake something every weekend.
Start crocheting again.
Watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" with Peyton.
Watch some oldie-but-goodie scary movies with my hubby (Friday the 13th, anyone?)
Remember to be grateful for each moment, even when the hustle and bustle seems overwhelming.

Let's all promise to make Fall a season of gratitude and take a few moments each day to be present with our families, okay?

What's on your bucket list for the Fall? I'd love to hear about it!




4 comments:

  1. Ok so I absolutely love this idea! I think I am going to have to do a fall bucket list too! Right now our lives seems so busy, it can get hard to do random things when they aren't planned for!
    -have a beautiful day-
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Darcy! Amen to that, sister! Sometimes we say that we'll do these fun things and then life gets in the way. It's a nice way to make a promise to yourself to have some fun. :)

      Delete
  2. did not know about the Smithville Oktoberfest, and did we already have this conversation of you clearly being a local? I don't remember. not sure where you are exactly, but have you ever been to the chaddsford great pumpkin carve? it's like my favorite fall thing, we go every year. it's ginormous carved pumpkins, and it's only the weekend before Halloween. totally go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for locals! Never heard about the Great Pumpkin Carve but I just googled the crap out of it and it looks like so. much. awesome. Will have to talk to/bribe husband to make the drive this year.

      Delete

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!