Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Some things.

Did you miss me yesterday, friends? I missed you!

I have gotten so used to my Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule that I had some serious guilt over not posting on Monday morning. But I was so tired that writing on post on Sunday night sounded like the very last thing I wanted to do, so I went to bed at 8:30 PM instead. Boom.

I'll also be completely honest with you and admit that I have nothing super special to share right now, but I just couldn't neglect my blog for an entire week. So, I'm posting tonight and then I'll have my regularly scheduled Five Friday Faves, and then I'll be back at it next week in full force!

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I'm sorry I suck this week. Do you forgive me?

And now, some photos:


My sweet baby girl! My brother and sister in law threw a big ol' BBQ over the weekend, complete with some games for all ages. There was "wrap your team member up like a mummy with toilet paper" (harder than it sounds), and a scavenger hunt. I have no photos of either of these activities because I was an active participant, but haven't spread my blogger wings far enough to ask family to take photos for me (you know, for posterity...).

This particular game involved eating a donut off the string without using your hands. It was a sight to see, adults and children alike attacking their donuts with some serious gusto. I was impressed, fam. Totally impressed.

PS: You can totally tell my two year old got it. Just kidding.


Here she is, after everyone has consumed their donuts, delicately eating the powdered sugar off of hers. Such a lady.


Can't have a party without a pinata, amirite?!

Thanks, Greg & Kia, for a fantastic party! Can't wait till next year!

Tonight for dinner I made pork with fried apples and macaroni and cheese. Hubster had two helpings and said it was a "top 3" meal. Which made me insanely happy because I married the world's pickiest eater.

Also making me happy tonight:


It has been 80+ degrees for the last week, which is not getting me into the "Now it's Fall and the holidays are coming, yay" spirit. Today was the first seasonally cool day, and I got to marvel over this sunset once I got home from work. Pretty sure my neighbors think I'm nuts because I kept running outside to snap a photo as the sun continued to set.

You're alright, Fall. You're alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!