While I don't necessary jump up and down at January weather (three more months of cold, yuck!) I do love the possibilities that January brings. It ushers in a brand new set of 12 months to get stuff done! It makes me positively giddy.
I thought I'd share some of my goals with you for 2014. Some are personal, some are blog-related, some are shop-related. It'll be fun to check back this time next year and see how I did. Hellooooooo, accountability!
- Be a better wife and mother.
- Put the phone DOWN, already.
- Get healthy. Originally, I said I wanted to lose weight. Then I said I wanted to get in shape. I'm changing it to "get healthy," which I feel encompasses losing the weight, getting in shape, and making healthier food choices. I'm not one for extreme diet changes, but I know working out and making smarter decisions about what goes into my mouth can make all the difference. Plus it would be nice to fit into those pre-pregnancy jeans I've been hoarding for the last two and a half years already.
- Fight the mom frump. I feel like this has a lot to do with the above goal, but is different in it's own way. I will buy myself some new clothes (for once) and take the time to go beyond the usual ponytail-and-quick-coat-of-mascara that I'm so accustomed to.
- Start a morning routine. No more rolling out of bed at 6:45 and flying out the door at 7:15. I find this sets a really hasty, negative tone for my day and waking up 45 minutes earlier would give me time to actually wake up and prepare for the day a little better.
- Join a local Mother's Club for playdates and socializing.
- Keep my car clean.
- Make sure hubster and I get a date night at least once a month.
- But at the same time, make sure I give myself some quality "me" time.
- Wear red lipstick.
- Manage my time better (2014 is shaping up to be a busy one).
- Install crown molding on the first floor (maybe repaint?)
- Install board and batten in the entry hall, and finally nail down a paint color.
- Plank a damn wall already.
- Refinish the stairs
- Make plans for a 2015 kitchen reno (and maybe starting a baby reno in 2014)
- Make over the master bedroom. It's so sad and barren right now.
- Give Peyton's room a much-need big girl makeover.
- Focus on making the craft room functional and pretty.
- Find a decent rug for the living room.
- Finally talk Denny into building me a farmhouse table.
- Start a vegetable garden and not let it die.
- Plant some evergreen shrubs and perennials in the front garden beds so they aren't big dirt patches anymore.
- Get sod in the back yard. FINALLY.
- Get over my fear of power tools (seriously, saws scare me).
- Re-vamp the blog layout (headers, buttons, etc. etc. etc.)
- Learn more about coding so I can do the above.
- Focus on growth.
- Build great content.
- Bulk up my posting schedule and flesh out an actual editorial calendar (instead of writing things down or saving them in my iPhone as it comes to me).
- Push for 100 listings by January 31.
- Sign up for at least four craft shows (Spring, Summer, Fall, Holiday)
- Start prepping for holiday sales in July and market, market, market!