Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Project Paralysis...I Have It

You guys.

What do you do when you have so many project ideas in your head that you can't decide which one to start first?

This is what is currently ailing me.

There are five projects I'm wrapping my brain around, but I can't decide in which order I want to tackle them:

  • Finish the mudroom. It's painted, I just need to upholster a bench, add a coat rack, and DIY some some decor. I'm thinking rustic wood accents and antique brass touches.
  • The closet under the stairs. I've got plans to turn it into a play area for Peyton. This one would require the most planning and I'd be starting with a completely blank slate.
  • The pantry. I want to gut it, paint it, and reorganize it.
  • The craft room. It never stood a chance since it turned into the catch-all room for our crap. It needs a chance to start over. Badly.
  • Plank a wall. I keep saying it, but we still haven't done it.
The question...which one do I start? I'm equally excited about all of them and they'll be pretty straightforward projects, but I am suffering a case of paralysis on getting moving on any one of them.

I've been surfing Pinterest and Google trying to get some inspiration on which direction to take, but I keep getting myself excited about everything and then I'm right back where I started. Lame-o.

How do you handle making decisions about where to go next in your home? Anyone have an opinion on which direction I should go first?

My husband and I are itching for a project and are torn. HEEEELP!


2 comments:

  1. Story of my life. I've removed wallpaper from our mudroom and our kitchen but haven't painted. I've painted all the walls in our living room but only half of the trim. It looks... well, STUPID lol. We've just been so busy and I have such a hard time convincing myself to spend what little freetime we have painting -_- oopsies. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one! I feel like everything is half done, which is not done at all :/

      Delete

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!