Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Top Five of 2013

Happy 2014, friends!

Did you miss me? While my brief hiatus was totally necessary, I sure did miss my little section of the interwebs. There is something super cathartic about coming here and talking about the things that would usually bore the pants off of anyone else (seriously, Brittany, no one cares about finding the perfect shade of navy blue for ONE WALL in your bedroom, or wants to hear for the 1000th time how you are going to get rid of that awkward island in the kitchen. But really, that island does have to go).

During my break, I had some time to regroup and decompress and enjoy the last couple of weeks of 2013 without feeling like I was working myself into a corner. Most importantly, I took a look back at the year and was able to think forward about what to tackle in the New Year. That list is actually pretty big (that's the overachiever in me), and I am looking forward to sharing that with you later this week.

What's happening today is that I am talking a walk down the memory lane of 2013 and giving you my top five projects of the year, according to good ol' Google Analytics.

Only five because I only started seriously blogging in June and I feel like five is a nice place to start.

Who knows, maybe 2014 will have ten?! Oh, the possibility.

And without further ado, here we are!


From top right, moving clockwise:

Ruffled Burlap Wreath - This is my most popular project of the year, which makes me giggle because it almost wound up looking like a burlap turkey. Glitter makes everything better, right?!

Powder Room Makeover & Reveal - Personally, this is my favorite project of the year, most likely because this room remains the first and only room that is "complete" (cough cough, hubster, unless you want to put some crown molding in there, cough cough) in our home. Looking to change that in 2014, though! Stay tuned, friends.

The Buffet Makeover - My first taste of that high you get when you realize that people are actually reading and liking what you have to say. This is the project that got me hooked on blogging the progress in our home. Not to mention, this is still one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house. Also, this is before I actually started taking the time to edit my photos of stage them pseudo-nicely, so it needs to be documented for posterity.

How to Fake a Reclaimed Wood Sign - What started as an "oops" during the building of our shelves in the power room turned into a very happy accident.

Easy Christmas Wreath - I was tickled that everyone like this project so much. This is a simple project that anyone can do with a wreath form, some hot glue, tinsel garland, and five minutes. I do still hold my stance that tinsel does not go on Christmas trees, however.

There are my top five projects of 2013. I want to thank you for stopping by my little neck of the woods and letting me share these things with you. My first year of blogging was a whirlwind and I'm hooked!

Here's to a productive 2014, and a longer list of top projects in December!

Wanna see where I party? Click here for an awesome list of link parties I participate in..

Also linking up to:
Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style
Imparting Grace
Jennifer Rizzo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!